LAMAR C. LAYNE
firstname.lastname@example.org | 647-609-7819
904- 2 Secord Ave, East York, ON M4C 2C3
Hard working automotive professional looking for a career with career advancement opportunities. Seasoned driving expert with ability to drive manual and automatic transmission vehicles with attention to detail and safety. Capable of lifting to 70 pounds, counterbalance forklift certified with clean driving record.
· Observant, intuitive and conscientious with meticulous attention to detail
· Possess high level of technical and troubleshooting abilities
· Ability to work with advanced tools and equipment
· Able to lift to 70lbs
· Problem resolution
· Certified forklift operator
· Excellent communications skills in written and verbal English
· Brake servicing
· Computer literate
· Customer service skills
Auto Detailer Assured Automotive Inc | Toronto, ON | January 2015 – Current
· Vacuumed car interiors to remove any dirt and debris.
· Waxed exterior of vehicles and removed it with soft cloth, buffing to brilliant shine
· Drives vehicles with automatic and standard transmission.
· Acts as courtesy driver to transport customers
· Responsible for opening and locking vehicle lot.
· Responsible for promoting safe and clean working environment.
· Contacted service manager immediately to address customer issues.
· Cleaned car and truck windows and windshields to get rid of water spots.
· Kept supervisor informed of job progress and material requirements
Automotive Mechanic/ Apprentice Technician
Simpson Motors Limited | Warrens, St. Michael | January 2009 – January 2013
· Completed simple and advanced repairs according to specifications for systems such as brakes, exhaust and electrical.
· Performed maintenance inspections, tune-ups, oil changes and other key services.
· Performed routine and reparative maintenance for company freight and trucks (heavy duty vehicles).
· Ensure all safety systems are in check before performing any procedures.
· Assisted with the up keep of the workshop.
· Communicated advanced mechanical information to non-mechanical people in easy-to-understand terms.
· Performed troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures to locate the source of malfunctions.
· Evaluated, repaired and aligned vehicle suspensions.
· Kept the garage clean, organized and efficient.
· Performed minor maintenance services, including gasket replacements and coolant flushes.
Hardware Sales Representative
My Lords Hill Equipment and Hardware| My Lords Hill, Saint Michael | January 2008 – January 2009
· Unboxed new merchandise and stocked shelves in appealing and organized arrangements to promote items.
· Greeted various customers.
· Educated customers on product and service offerings.
· Sold various building and household items.
· Observed customer behaviors to identify security threats and escalate concerns to supervisors.
· Stayed up to date on store promotions, payment policies and security practices.
· Recommended merchandise to customers based on needs and preferences.
Education and Training
Vocational Certificate: Automotive Mechanics
Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic | 2013
Obtained relevant certificates in Motor Vehicle Engineering
High School Diploma
Christ Church Foundation School | 2004